This page has been designed to provide up-to-date information, guidance and advice with regards to Coronavirus (COVID-19). It will be updated regularly. Regularly updated resources from Shropshire Council are also available here.
The Government's dedicated coronavirus pages provide the latest information and guidance and are available here.
Local COVID alert levels
From Wednesday 14th October, the three-tiered system of local COVID rules comes into force. You can read the general guidance on each alert level here.
The full list of local COVID alert levels is available here.
The local alert level in Shropshire is medium. This means that:
- you must not socialise in groups larger than 6, indoors or outdoors (other than where a legal exemption applies)
- businesses and venues can continue to operate, in a COVID-secure manner, other than those that remain closed in law
- certain businesses are required to ensure customers only consume food and drink while seated, and must close between 10pm and 5am
- businesses and venues selling food for consumption off the premises can continue to do so after 10pm as long as this is through delivery service, click-and-collect or drive-through
- schools and universities remain open
- places of worship remain open, subject to the rule of 6
- weddings and funerals can go ahead with restrictions on numbers of attendees
- exercise classes and organised sport can continue to take place outdoors, or indoors if the rule of 6 is followed
You should continue to:
- follow social distancing rules
- work from home where you can effectively do so
- when travelling, plan ahead or avoid busy times and routes. Walk or cycle if you can
International travel advice
The Foreign and Commonwealth issued global advice against "all but essential" travel, but some countries are exempt from this advice. The full list of exempted countries is available here.